New Clouds, Thermal Modelling, Moon, and Drive Train
This release contains a number of new features, improvements and general bug fixes.
Updated Atmospheric Modelling
The Atmosphere Model has been updated to support clouds:
- New cloud, wind & lunar configurations have been added.
- New aerosol layers have been added; boundary, tropospheric & stratospheric.
As the Atmosphere Model has been completely revamped any old atmosphere objects will need to be regenerated (see How to Create an Atmosphere).
New Environmental Modelling
New cloud, wind and lunar models have been integrated into the atmosphere.
- Clouds weather & coverage maps.
- Include lighting, shadows and reflection properties.
- Generated from underlying MODTRAN data.
Updated Wind system:
- Configurable constant and altitude varying wind models (wind speed & direction).
- Impacts clouds, ocean (affects wave height) and other engine effects (e.g. smoke, plumes, etc.).
- Lunar radiant light source using MODTRAN data.
- Lunar phases included.
- Representative lunar mesh & texture.
New Thermal Modelling (experimental)
A new experimental feature for the generation of thermal temperature maps for static mesh and landscape objects.
The new Spec Thermal Model Actor computes static mesh and landscape temperatures, using given spec material properties, updating the material expressions so they produce the correct emission.
New Vehicle Modelling
A new Drive Train Controller Component has been created including new Drive Train Assets.
The old Drive Wheeled Vehicle has been marked deprecated, but it still exists within the engine for this release.